Sunday 13 July 2014

Yet another tea related upcycle!

So I picked up a tea trolley from the car boot for a fiver. Yes it nearly cost me my marriage (cue much rolling of eyes from husband and ignored cries of 'where are you going to put that?') 
I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like in my head, and really,hoped it would turn out like that!!! So, spraypaint was purchased and opened with some trepidation, as I hadn't used it before. After shaking it for an hour, it was time to apply the primer, then when that dried the main event. This shade is called 'pastel green' 




Now another domestic ensued when hubby (who isn't a natural teacher) tried to teach me (who isn't a natural listener) how to apply it. Apparently the trick is to move the can left and right and not apply too much. Once my 'supervisor' had got bored and wandered off I got into a zone with it. It's quite tricky but good lord is it fun (and it smells great! Although not sure I'm meant to say that). 

Once the frame had dried, I applied wallpaper to the top (merely some samples I had lying around). I used wallpaper paste, but I think I'll go over the top with pva as it's curling a bit in the corners. 

So here is the finished article, and I've got to tell you I was so happy with it I went and fetched my neighbour to have a look. And that makes me realise what a saddo I actually am......

Anyway, here it is dressed and in all it's splendour;




What do you think?? Well worth a couple of domestics I reckon! 
Have a great week all,
Love, Sian 💕💕


No comments:

Post a Comment