Tuesday 29 July 2014

The garden makeover continues...

Im thoroughly enjoying decorating my garden and treating it as a room outside. I've been inspired by a fee books, such as selina lakes outdoor living and a book called handmade glamping. 

As well as decorating our summer house and indulging in my love of all plants bright and beautiful, I've been making over things we already have. This is my passion, taking something and reloving it, using items I already have. 

I've painted the side gate this lovely shade of sea blue, it's a cuprinol garden shade called coastal mist. Two coats required, but I love this paint and it goes really far! Add the obligatory hanging heart (although I'm a bit worried it looks like something out of the Blair witch project) and...

I do love this colour! I've also painted an old garden bench with wrought iron sides I rescued from a skip in the same colour, but can't show you that as I have absolutely no idea how to put it back together!!! Have to ask the hubby about that one! 

I also had a love seat which was fine, sturdy and practical but oh so boring. So an afternoon of painting has resulted in this;






This is another cuprinol shade as you can see called willow. I love these paints, they are brilliant and such good value for money! They do need a few coats as because they're weather proof they soak into the wood but I've only used a third of a small tin on this. 

I had a single quilt cover in my fabric stash which cost me a quid from the good old chazza shop, and I've cut it up to make cushion covers, voila...




I don't know why the green looks so awful in the top pic, David Bailey I am not!! Anyway, I already had the foam squares in the garage (don't ask) but you can purchase them fairly cheaply from diy or craft shops, and have fun cutting them to size with an electric carving knife (sounds like the opening scene of casualty...) 

So cut your fabric to size and sew up three edges, leaving he too open. Insert foam, hand sew the open edge (my hand sewing is absolute pants but I figure if I put that bit of the cushion to the back no one will know!) and done. 

I'm pretty chuffed with the garden makeover so far and as a bonus I have a wicked tan!! 

Happy painting all,
Love, Sian 💕💕


3 comments:

  1. so lovely Sian, you really have such energy to keep these projects coming! What will you do when everywhere has been done up, start all over again??? Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts Sian, they make me chuckle... You have done so well!! I've lived in our home for over 18 years and just love it...I am sure you will be there for many many years to come!! Tan selfie please ����

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sian,
    Lovely to see all your lovely creations on here and on IG...I am new kid on the block on there, but I must admit I've been made very much welcome.....I'm at Rosey Tinted Spetacles blog spot and I write the words of wisdom for Bumble Bee at the Hive too ! Phew... I must say, " blog land seems to have gone a little quiet of late", sadly...
    What do you think ?
    From my little corner to yours.....
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete