Sunday 6 July 2014

Stairs!!

As we have two rather mucky dogs, we decided to take py the carpet on our stairs. It had seen better days so the hubby got out his chisel and up it came!! 

So then it was deciding what to do next. We toyed with the idea of a striped carpet, but they were ridiculously expensive. Our floorboards upstairs are painted white, so we thought that would tie in nicely. However, we didn't want the whole lot painted white. 

Looking on Pinterest gave me a great idea, to use paper to decorate the 'up' part of the stairs. I found this roll of wallpaper in the range for a bargain price of £7.99 a roll. 
The next job was to paint the tread part of the stairs white. I already had the floor paint left over from the floorboards so that was free!! I simply used a brush and away I went! 
The wallpapering part was extremely tricky. The cutting out takes time, and I made loads of mistakes, I used almost a whole roll for this!! 

I used solvite wallpaper paste and extremely sharp scissors to measure and fit the paper. It was hard, the air was blue and my knees ar in agony but I'm so pleased with the result!! For less than  a tenner I now have a brand new staircase! It's not for the faint hearted, but go for it, it's truly unique to our house and I love it! 



Ta dah!!!! 
Love, Sian 💕💕


No comments:

Post a Comment