Monday 23 June 2014

Tea for two, two for tea!

I have been looking for a tea tray to upcycle for a long time now, for breakfast in bed for my ha and and I and general shabby chic fabulousness! 
So I was chuffed to bits to find one for £8. It needed some work, and wasn't worth anything in it's current condition so was ripe for a paint job! 
So I gave it a bit of a rough sand with my good old sanding block, and applied rustoleum chalk finish paint in clotted cream. Remember my top tips for painting furniture; nice lon pg strokes, use a roller where you can and always,always go with the grain of the wood!! 

I also applied some decals I brought from eBay for silly prices (1 or 2 pounds will get you a fair few!) if you search for shabby chic transfers you should find some! They are really easy to apply with water, and the company I get them from give you a couple of extra ones to practice with! 

Here's the finished product: 




I already had the paint, so all in all this cost me less than £10! 
Now, where's my breakfast in bed?! 
Love, Sian 💕💕

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sian, I have been avidly following your posts on G+. Like you I have only been sewing since January this year and have made table runners, aprons, mini tote bags for my two gorgeous granddaughters. I used to sew many years ago but when my machine gave up the ghost, so did I but I have really got the bug now. I have just finished my first dress and have been out to buy some more material!!!

    Liked you, I am also lucky to have my own sewing/craft room which is my sanctuary.

    Keep up the great work.
    Carolyn Cartledge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely up-cycle Sian! I bet you have lots planned for the Summer holidays all that time to potter about in your house sewing and painting! Ali x

    ReplyDelete