Wednesday 11 June 2014

Sewing tutorial-making an eleasticated a line skirt


I'm a self taught sewer who has only been sewing since January this year, but have thoroughly enjoyed learning something new! So here are some instructions for making a simple a line skirt without a pattern(please know my sewing isn't perfect and I'm still learning!!) 



You'll end a sewing machine; mine is a basic brother and does the job fine!
You will need:
Scissors, pins, elastic, fabric (I use around a metre for a skirt)








1. Measure your fabric (I measure my waist and multiply by 2!) cut the width and length and pin wrong sides together at seams.














Measure the elastic so it fits snugly round your waist. Pin and then sew the ends together, I use lots of stitches here to make it secure; don't worry if it looks messy, it'll be in the waistband so won't be seen! 




Now pin the elastic to the top of your skirt. Use lots of pins and keep the elastic taught while you pin! Then sew the elastic to the fabric at the top (make sure your skirts inside out at this stage!)


No comments:

Post a Comment